Foundation Communities provides first class, affordable homes and free onsite support services for thousands of working families with kids, as well as veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 17 properties in Austin and North Texas.
The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for driving 20,000 clients to Foundation Communities’ (FC) financial programs annually by leading a coordinated outreach effort. Our financial programs include tax preparation, financial education, financial coaching, self-employed coaching, college aid assistance, health insurance enrollment, and incentivized savings programs - all of which are offered free of charge to lower income Austin-area residents.
- Connect with local community based organizations and educate them about our services
- Coordinate and execute presentations to local groups in English and Spanish
- Staff tables at community fairs and events
- Create and maintain marketing materials for client recruitment
- Develop and maintain our community partner’s contact list
- Design and distribute a monthly e-blast to community partners
- Educate FC on-site staff about financial programs and engage them in promoting resident participation
- Conduct outreach activities at FC properties, including “flyering” of resident doors
- Coordinate large print jobs in preparation for tax season
- In collaboration with the Communications Coordinator, execute a seasonal marketing plan to drive clients to our Community Tax Centers
- Conduct Spanish media interviews
- In collaboration with the Communications Coordinator, maintain the financial stability section of the Foundation Communities website
- Assemble and disseminate a monthly program update newsletter to financial program’s staff
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Prior outreach and/or presentation experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and public speaking)
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
This is a year-round, full-time (40hrs/week) position which begins September 1, 2014. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, salary history, and a work sample (presentation, written document, flyer design, etc.) to email@example.com.
(8-10 positions available at various locations- in North or South Austin)
Position Reports To: Learning Center Coordinator
Job Description: The Youth Program Assistant will assist in leading educational, recreational and enrichment for residents of an affordable housing communities in South Austin. This position is part-time hourly. Youth Program Assistants typically work from 2:00-6:00pm Monday - Fridays throughout the school year, with some variation.
- Lead out daily activities including homework/academic assistance, fitness, reading and enrichment
- Engage youth in education-centered after school and summer youth programs
- Assist in developing and implementing academic curricula into youth programs.
- Establish and maintain on-going communication with Learning Center Coordinator and needs of program participants and youth in the community
- High School Diploma, course work in Social Services, Education, Child Development other related field preferred
- Some experience providing educational and/or social services to economically disadvantaged families and working directly with children
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Compensation: $ 9-10/hourly
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please indicate in your reply which location (North or South or no preference ) you are interested in.
No phone calls, please.
Job Description: The Pre-Literacy Teacher Assistant will assist in leading educational, recreational, and enrichment activities for children in an affordable housing community in South Austin. This position is part-time hourly. Pre-Literacy Teacher Assistants typically work from 8:00am – 12:30pm. Weekly reflection, training, and planning meetings typically constitute an additional hour.
- Provide direct support to Pre-Literacy Teacher to develop and implement Pre-Literacy program curricula which includes organizing and/or facilitating activities.
- Participate in school and community outreach opportunities in order to increase our presence in the community and inform youth and adults about our programs.
- Engage youth and Lead out daily activities including Center Time, Calendar Time, Thematic Lessons and Outdoor Activities.
- Engage and Assist Families in Weekly “Family Tuesday” activities.
- Provide a fun and safe environment for youth during program hours
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of the space.
- High School Diploma
- College degree or experience in the following areas: Education, Psychology, Social Services/Work, Sociology, Family Studies, Youth Development
- Experience providing educational and/or social services to economically disadvantaged families and working directly with youth
Positive Attitude, Flexibility, and Creativity are a MUST!
Position Reports To: Pre-Literacy Teacher
Compensation: $ 10-12/hour
Location: Sierra Vista Learning Center
To Apply: Send cover letter, résumé and 3 references to email@example.com