Get Financially Stable
Small Business Coaching
The Self-Employed Coaching Program provides free one-on-one support to small business owners. Our experienced volunteers all have backgrounds in business and can help self-employed persons with a variety of issues, primarily focusing on feasibility, planning and resource identification, as well as record-keeping for self-employed tax filing.
Clase de Negocio Propio
El horario de la clase de negocio propio es:
The program is available to self-employed individuals, small business owners, or aspiring entrepreneurs with an annual income below $50,000 (net income).
We can provide assistance to small business owners who:
Only have one business
Do not have a net loss from business
Have less than $5000 in business expenses
Have no inventory
Have no employees
Have no depreciation
Have no home office
HOURS (pending coach availability)
What should I bring to my appointment?Please bring any plans or paperwork that you would like to work on. If you are able, please take the time to print and fill out the intake form.
If you need help filing business taxes, please visit our Income Tax Preparation page here.
What can a Self-Employed/Small Business Coach help with?
Preparing for writing a business plan
Identifying resources and organizations that can give specialized support
Advice on recordkeeping for taxes
What can a Self-Employed/Small Business Coach NOT help with?
Providing funding (however, our coaches can give you resources that will help you find funding)
- BIGAUSTIN provides free classes year-round on a variety of topics designed to help self-employed and small business owners.
- UT Law offers Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic which provides free legal assistance to Austin-area nonprofit organizations, entrepreneurs, and small businesses.
- The City of Austin Small Business Development Program provides a list of community resources for small businesses and self-employed persons.
Funding for Businesses
- Accion Texas provides credit and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs who do not have access to loans from commercial sources.
- Business & Community Lenders of Texas is a fair business lender and affordable housing provider.
- Grameen America offers microloans, training and support to women to help build small businesses.
- Visit the Self-Employed Individual's Tax Center for more information from the IRS on being self-employed.
- Take this Virtual Workshop on Small Business Taxes.
- The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts offers free sales tax seminars for business owners.
- For more information on our tax services, call 2-1-1.