Children’s HOME Initiative
Launched in 2003, The Children’s HOME Initiative helps children and their families overcome poverty by:
1) addressing Housing stability and breaking the cycle of homelessness
2) creating Opportunities for all members of the family
3) developing Money management skills and improving financial stability
4) Engaging children in youth development activities and promoting their emotional well-being
The Children’s HOME Initiative (CHI) provides supportive housing, at reduced rates, to families who are considered extremely low income (30 percent or below median family income). CHI applies a comprehensive and structured case management model that focuses on housing stability, employment/income and family well-being.
Families are required to participate in case management services, and children are granted opportunities to engage in youth development activities both through our Community Learning Centers and CHI specific programming. As participants of CHI, families have access to other programs such as on-site after school programs, Money Management and Homebuyer Education courses, Individual Development Accounts and 529 College Savings Plan.
You can apply for the Children’s HOME Initiative one of two ways:
2) Complete a shortened version of the application at www.auntbertha.com/apply/chi. Follow up will be required to gather more information but this option provides a quick start to the application process. Simply visit the Aunt Bertha website, create an account with your email address (it's free!), and step through the application. You will be able see the status of your application and communicate with the Intake Team through AuntBertha.com.
For more information, please contact 512-610-7392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.